It’s Hard to Live Someone Else’s Dream
Lots of us have big dreams for our lives and our future. We work hard at our jobs to support our families and buy things we want If we can make enough. But why do a lot of people hate their jobs? Some of us work 2 jobs just to get by. Living paycheck to paycheck is not anyone’s idea of living the dream. To make matters even worse, if you’re working at a job that you hate, then you’re definitely “living someone else’s dream”.
A lot of people in the workforce today hate their jobs. In fact, a gallop poll was taken back in 2011 said that 71% of ALL people hate their jobs. You might ask the #1 question on your mind right now. Well, why don’t they just go find a job they love to do? I can tell you right now, it’s not that cut and dry to find a job that you love.
So Where Does That Leave You?
Well, let me tell you! You could go to college for 4 years and still end up with a job that’s under par and a boss that treats you like dirt. If you don’t have the money for college, then life will dictate that you find a job even if you don’t like it. I hear people say every day, “man if I only had a different job” or ” my boss treats me like dog doo”. There are so many reasons people hate their jobs.
5 Things That Make People Hate Their Jobs
- Cost of Living vs Our Pay Rate: It’s more expensive now than ever to pay for the things you need. Food, gas, mortgage, utilities, insurance, tuition, and the list goes on. The prices go up. It seems like you always have more to pay than your paycheck allows.
- Lack of Appreciation: You work your butt off at your job and do the best you can. You’re there on time every day and you try your best to have a good attitude. You do your part and complete your tasks but your boss doesn’t ever thank you or even seem to care. But if you miss a day or slack a little, the crap hits the fan.
- Working Longer Hours: You need to work 40 hrs a week to make ends meet. But if you want anything extra, you’re going to have to work more hours. Some people have to work 50 to 80 hours a week missing time to spend with their family and friends.
- Gossip in the Workplace: This is unprofessional and sometimes detrimental. How many times have you heard a co-worker say, ” so-and-so said such-and-such” or “the boss said this about you”? Too often people say things that are either not true or end up getting misunderstood. And… by the time it reaches you, it can be totally messed up. Somewhat like playing the telephone game when we were kids. If this gets out of hand, you can lose your job.
- Competition: Competition in and of itself is not a bad thing. It helps workers strive to do their best and in a perfect scenario creates teamwork. But all too often you see people and co-workers clamoring over the top of one another to get to a better position first or to become the boss’s buddy. This kind of competition can ruin relationships and create division in the workplace.
So.. What is the Solution?
This is not an easy question to answer. Everyone is different and each one of us has our own ideas about what we like to do or where our passion is. Let’s take a look and see what it is we really like to do. Maybe it’s gardening, or maybe it’s stock car racing.
Did you know that you can take your passion, hobby, or field of interest, and create a long-term, successful and tangible business out of it? Many people create niches directly related to their passions or hobbies. I have friends and colleagues that are doing this right now as we speak.
You may have to hold on to a job you dislike for a little while in order to get on your feet to head in a new direction, but it’s totally doable. There is an online community of individuals and professionals who were once where you are right now. I can show you how you can get tons of support and advice on how to start your own successful niche in a passion or hobby you already have.
Launching Your Idea
It’s easy to learn how to launch your new idea and you can start learning how right now for $0 out of your pocket. Join me and 1,400,000 other online marketers in learning how to start a business built around a passion. You’ll learn things like:
- How to Build Your Own Website
- Content Optimization and Management
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Social Marketing
- Finding the Right Niche
- How to Get Your Website Ranked in Google, Bing, and Yahoo
- How to Sell Top Notch Products and Where to Find Them
There are 3.8 billion people online waiting for you to show them what you have to offer. The possibilities are endless and you have the opportunity to head out in a totally new direction doing something you already love to do.
If this is you and you want to make plans that don’t include going to a job you hate, then do yourself a favor and try Wealthy Affiliate on for size. We are a community that truly cares and will help you get a new start. Take action today to ensure your future success by:
Gain Access to the Best Education and Training Program in the World.
Receive Help and Instruction From a Caring Community of Over 1,400,000 Online Marketers.
Get 2 New Websites From the Worlds Leading Web Development Platform! And so much more…
I hope you have enjoyed reading my little article and as always, if you’d like to leave a comment or ask a question, please use the section below. We are here if you need any advice or help.
Jeff Herman – CEO and founder of Biz Builder Online